This week, our favorite yogi, Danielle Cuccio, is teaching us how to gain greater core strength + balance by perfecting the "Tree Pose."
NAME OF POSE:
Sanskrit Vrksasana ("Tree Pose")
Photo: Kathryn Page
WHY SHE LOVES IT:
"The tree pose is definitely one of my favorite poses. I love bringing this one to my clients even during our first session, because they instantly feel confident, strong and powerful within a minute of doing this pose!"
LEVEL OF SKILL:
>> Strengthens and balances the core muscles.
>> Lengthens and stretches the entire body.
1. Start by standing at the top of your mat with your feet together.
2. Take a deep breath and inhale the sole of your right foot to your inner left thigh. You may use your right hand to help place the foot. Root down through all four corners of your standing left foot.
3. Lift your left knee cap to engage your left quadricep, which will keep you stabilized, lengthened and rooted through the standing leg.
4. Pull the navel towards the spine and shoulders away from the ears. Arms can stay at heart center (Anjali Mudra), extended above head in a “V” shape or as shown in photo.
5. Take 5 inhales and exhales here and once complete, switch sides.
>> Find YOUR INNER TREE and grow your branches in any way that you wish! <<
Danielle Cuccio is an LA-based Celebrity Yoga Instructor, Health Blogger and CEO of Cuccio Somatology.